About this blog space

This blog space is a place for me to primarily put all my wool gatherings, adventures, experiments. I am now a mum of two astounding daughters, and I used to be a DIY musician and co-ran a tiny independent label (Slampt), so this punk can-do attitude plus feminist analysis and Art school experience somehow informs my wool work! I am also deeply moved by GREEN, trees, weather, colour combinations in nature, and texture. I aim to source wool from round the corner or at the very least UK grown and processed, and to create no toxic waste. This means I get to see sheep as often as I can, sometimes at wool fests.
I am on Ravelry and Etsy as FatHenWildWool and Facebook as Rachel Holborow.

Wednesday, 21 December 2011

my 40th Exhibition: a blurry video, including yarn, artwork, knitting etc.....

video
this video was taken on Marc's phone, so is not of the highest quality! But it is the only document of the "exhibition" I had at home for my 40th birthday, of some things I've made in my 40 years. Including Slampt artwork (the record label I used to co-run), other prints and paintings, some plant dyed wool tops, and many yarns I've handspun.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, I love the hand spun knitted jumper, very cool indeed and the felted jerkin is impressive, I bet that was hard work to make....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!I hurt my back making the "jerkin" it was all done in a day at a workshop, and I also came down with flu afterwards! I've stuck to smaller pieces recently!

    ReplyDelete