About this blog space

This blog space is a place for me to primarily put all my wool gatherings, adventures, experiments. I am now a mum of two astounding daughters, and I used to be a DIY musician and co-ran a tiny independent label (Slampt), so this punk can-do attitude plus feminist analysis and Art school experience somehow informs my wool work! I am also deeply moved by GREEN, trees, weather, colour combinations in nature, and texture. I aim to source wool from round the corner or at the very least UK grown and processed, and to create no toxic waste. This means I get to see sheep as often as I can, sometimes at wool fests.
I am on Ravelry and Etsy as FatHenWildWool and Facebook as Rachel Holborow.

Tuesday 26 October 2010

spinning in public

On World Wide Spin in Public Day, my daughter and I decided to go to the local park with my Ashford Trad and some spindles and of course unspun wool. And we sat by the playground and spun for an hour before it rained. Two families lurking under the guise of their children being interested, chatted a little about spinning with us. There is no doubt that people are intrigued to actually see someone DOING SOMETHING in public... Make of that what you will...
The pink and green wool is what I spun in public, I plant dyed it prior to spinning with logwood, indigo and weld. My daughter spun part of what is now a two ply ART / PUNK yarn, displayed in her etsy shop called "Crab Apple"

No comments:

Post a Comment