About this blog space

This blog space is a place for me to primarily put all my wool gatherings, adventures, experiments. I am now a mum of two astounding daughters, and I used to be a DIY musician and co-ran a tiny independent label (Slampt), so this punk can-do attitude plus feminist analysis and Art school experience somehow informs my wool work! I am also deeply moved by GREEN, trees, weather, colour combinations in nature, and texture. I aim to source wool from round the corner or at the very least UK grown and processed, and to create no toxic waste. This means I get to see sheep as often as I can, sometimes at wool fests.
I am on Ravelry and Etsy as FatHenWildWool and Facebook as Rachel Holborow.

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Adventures In Wool

It's my aim in this blog to share my adventures in wool with whomever.
I have been spinning since December 2008 when I started with a top whorl drop spindle. It took me two sets of instructions to work it out, holding the spindle between my knees was a key point whilst drafting. But anyhow, I've travelled a wooly path ever since. I also wet and dry felt, and PLANT DYE WOOL in an extremely experimental way... ie it doesn't always work, or something very unexpected happens, but it is my aim to not use harmful mordants and create toxicity. I don't know if I always succeed as I am no chemist.
As I get the time I will be letting you in on my adventures, so that perhaps you too do not make my mistakes, or maybe can help to rectify them.

No comments:

Post a Comment